Monday 5 September 2011

16Bit is the shit

I'm really getting into doing 16bit styled images. Its a challenge because you are very limited in the amount of detail you can put into it. But thats not a bad thing. I reckon it leaves a lot to the imagination. I remember playing games that were 8bit and 16bit and being completely absorbed in them. I still haven't found a good way to make the images though. Atm I'm making a really small canvas in photoshop (about 400pxls wide), printscreening the image then saving the printscreen as a larger jpeg. Its still not as big as I would want it. I reckon my image below would look great on a really large scale.

There's a great wee adventure game called Doukutsu (A Cave Story) free to download off the internet. It was made by just one dude! And its really good! I think nintendo bought it...

Download it, its fun.

http://www.cavestory.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment